Home
Index of Models
The Electra Forums
PM Inbox
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 1:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: My first Electra.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:50 pm 

Hi there. I'm Mick from the UK. Always been a big fan of 80's Japanese guitars and had loads from Matsumoku and Fujigen Gakki, but just acquired my first Electra off the bay in England. She's an X-260 and apart from a few minor surface scratches, she's in superb condition and the frets (originals) look as good as new. She looks totally stock except for the pickups. They were just listed as Seymous Duncans but I've just had them out and they are a full set of Pearly Gates (PGN and PGB Lead). The rest of the electrics and hardware look stock. Needless to say, I'm totally impressed with this little lady and as she's my only axe right now, looks like being a long time partner. I'm interested to know what the original price for these models were and how they compared to a Fender Strat or Gibson at the same time? I had no point of reference for the price for this one, so just based it on my experience with Westone's, Aria Pro II's etc. It cost me £145, about 275 bucks. Is this a decent price compared to what they fetch in the US? Most guitars in America are about half the price of what we have to pay here in England. Cheers, Mick.

Post subject: Re: My first Electra.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:10 am 

Congratulations! Although personally I think somebody did a disservice to remove the original MMK's, to my mind they're considerably better pickup than any modern aftermarket choice.

I don't know original prices but many Electras at that time were in the $400 range. That was the price for an Electra Phoenix and there's a fair amount in common between the two.

LAter Westones, as you probably know, were rebadged Electras- the Spectrum letter series. So if you know those you'll know much about 80's Electras.

I believe there are some diehard Invicta owners around here, hopefully they'll chime in with some comments as well.

And as always, welcome! We'd always enjoy seeing pics of your axe.