Index of Models
The Electra Forums
PM Inbox
It is currently Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: X810 MPC Troubles (HELP)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:54 pm 

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble with my x810 and I'm tired of banging my head against the wall, so hopefully someone can give me some insight into the problem. I've had this x810 for a while now and it came with the standard Phase Shifter and Overdrive modules. The Power overdrive has rarely ever worked and the Phase Shifter has always worked, whether it's in in slot 1 or 2. So that would lead one to believe the issue is with the Power Module itself, right? Well I recently bought a new Power Overdrive on Reverb ($150) from a seller that said it was tested and working. I got it in the mail, put it in the guitar, and I'm getting the same problem: Phaser still works in both slots and Overdrive works in neither. It seems there are only two possible options for whats going wrong, either the new OD module is also fried or something is wrong with the guitar itself that it wont function with the Power Overdrive module. The new one looks to be in pretty good condition and I have enough faith in humanity that someone wouldn't sell a broken module as "tested and working" on Reverb (the seller had other modules listed as well and I'd like to trust a fellow Electra enthusiast). So... anybody have any ideas?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:03 pm 

Extra: all the module connections look good but I gently cleaned them off with a soft eraser anyways, still nothing. Then I sprayed a little bit of DeoxIt inside the cavity connections and blew it out with some compressed air, still nothing. Then I rubbed a little on the module connections with a soft cloth. Same results: Phase Shifter works in both slots, neither Overdrive works in any sort of configuration.

Im losing my mind :x