Guitar Talk about Electra and other vintage imported guitars
Home
Index of Models
The Electra Forums
PM Inbox
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:49 am 

Ray has awakened and is ROCKIN. This thing sounds awesome. Great score for that price or even higher. This baby has awesome clean range and can still get down to business as needed. Great audio clip. :up: :up:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:03 pm 

Said it before, and I'll say it again....

Man, I LOVE those hollow bodies! :love:

That Aria Pro I have just makes me tingle every time I play her, and you sir, have a very sweet sounding hollow yourself now. I think 4 bills is a steal, although I still can't imagine why you didn't get him for 3. :roll: I know, I know, kharma and all that.. :D

Clip sounds great, as always. I wish I had a bit more talent to be able to squeeze a little more sweetness out of my pretty planks o wood and post some clips myself. All in due time I guess. I'll keep practicing, and then maybe someday.......I've dramatically improved on Down By The Seaside btw - with a little help from my friends , but that's been done already. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:25 pm 

What a nice Maple Pro! I would take her to a good luthier and get that neck stabilized if I were you. My MP has a strategically placed screw due to a "neck pop-off" incident soon after I purchased her in '82 and she has been fine ever since!
You can see the wood "button" covering the screw just above the strap button on the MP on the left. On the right is my beloved X410 Jazz Strad...

Front shot of Jazz Strad w/ custom pickguard and Maple Pro autographed by Bill Nelson of Be Bop Deluxe...

You are not the only one who has come to possess these guitars in a somewhat... "mystical" or "coincidental" way. I suppose that since fans of Electras are usually the only ones looking for them, they tend to gravitate to an owner that will care for and appreciate them. They are both celluloid bound, and even in ideal conditions, will have a certain amount of checking. I believe this makes them even more valuable, but there are limits I'm sure. My MP went through years of stage play and never let me down. Clean the pots and even rewire if you have to, but get that neck fixed or you might end up losing the fingerboard as well.

Thanks for sharing your MP! Great collection too!

P.S.... You also might want to look at getting your MP "Pleked" on a Plek machine after you have the neck set. It made my Strad play better than it ever has!

:D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:35 pm 

Whoa, that is some beautiful Flame on that Maple Pro sir Squint. I think ol' Ray has the most subdued flame I've ever seen on a MP, oh well, it makes up for it in Character (I tell myself). RCS just picked up a gorgeous MP with a trapeze tailpiece and striking flame top recently:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4368

I'd hate the neck and/or fretboard to get messed up on Ray, so I may have to break down and have that heal tended to, thanks for the push and showing the way you had yours repaired, excellent idea. Good looking pair you've got there, Mike.

Ok, now all the Maple Pro Owners on here have to stand up and post pics of their MP, There's got to be at least ten of us right? Lets see the different tailpieces, headstocks and Flamey Maple tops out there!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:52 pm 

Oh Hey! Way cool family photo and really enjoyed the audio!

Hell, I thought CSI was about to start :yeah: :up:

Fabulous!