Home
Index of Models
The Electra Forums
PM Inbox
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: X-910
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:27 am 

How rare are the X-910 to run across on "the Bay?" I've been scoping it out for quite awhile and never seen one.

Post subject: Re: X-910
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:09 am 

One that I know of in the past two years. It was in pretty rough shape (no offense to the Forum Member who snagged it), and went for over $800 before shipping. I saw another on Craigs list over a year ago, and did everything I could to snag it, but it was part of a funky estate sale and I just couldn't close the deal (read as I wasn't allowed to).

I can't imagine that they would play much better than any of the other MPC offerings from SLM, and believe that a lot of their allure is due to their rareness. A grand is a lot to pay for bragging rights, but hey, look what people will spend on a 60's Gibson, or a Ken Fisher Trainwreck amp... There are tons of great Electras to be had for under $300 out there, so enjoy them in the meantime as you continue your quest for the grail. Mike.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:18 am 

:look: :look: Alas we are all searching and wishing for a mint or any other X910 to appear to us for sale. These are a very rare Electra Axe indeed. I believe this is due to the fact that they were not manufactured in high numbers and the fact that the necks and headstocks are notorious for breaking during movement or shipping. The above mentioned E-bay listing is the only one I have seen for sale in a few years now. The ones I have seen here from forum members were all neck or headstock repaired examples. I had the priviledge to play one of my fellow bandmates new X910 back in 1979 and they play great much like the Explorer they were made to resemble. If you like the explorers and the heavy weight then you would like the X910. If you are searching for one be prepared to pay a premium for one if and when you ever find one. Maybe just maybe some forum member will get lucky and find a dusty one hanging in an old pawn shop somewhere. :up:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:13 pm 

Good to know. I figured as so about it being pricey if I found one. I'm starting to collect Electra LP's and was thinking for down the line.