Home
Index of Models
The Electra Forums
PM Inbox
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:44 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/1980-ELectra-ES335- ... 2eabed7bf4

It looks to me like this guitar has a major crack through the top right up to/through the neck joint area.

Buyer beware :no:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:15 am 

... and I don't believe that it is a "1980" model.

The serial appears to be 08068:

That serial number and the headstock model puts it at 1976 or so.

RCSBlues :oops: :huh:

Last edited by RCSBlues on Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:23 pm 

Yep this is a 1976 model X410 Jazz Strad like mine. I have sent this gentleman several e-mails with photos of my X410 and Jazz so he could correct the listing but he has ingored them all and made no corrections thus it has not sold yet nor looks like it will in the near future. I would avoid this one as is does look like it may have hidden damage also. :down:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 pm 

This one has been "FOR SALE" for a looooong time now. I think the lowest I've seen it advertised by this seller is 900.00.......someone just emailed me a few days ago about valueing a 410 that's in VGC. I suggested a realistic selling price of from 550-650 in today's market for one in the described condition with OHSC. And the subject guitar of this thread is an example I used of how to price one "not to sell".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:11 pm 

It has been up for a looong time. In fact, I sent the seller a "head check" message a while ago - like, are you crazy? Good luck. It just keeps on getting listed at the original price. I would think that if it was really VGC they might get near $800 for it. This one could be trouble though and the owner does not either know or care.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:36 am 

Well - I sent another Q to this seller and did get a reply - Here it is, Hope I'm not infringing on anything here. :huh: So, anyway she appears to be a beauty. Expensive, but that's what beauties who know they're beauties are. :D

Hi Jay,
No offence taken its cool to ask ...I would...
OK..I had to go back and re-looked at my pictures to see what your seeing?
so I did & ... I see why your asking..I see that now...

NO That's only a glare from the shine of the finish ...glare is off the pickup with the camera flash
that's no crack. It is a 30 year old guitar though you know... its not a fresh release from a museum..
That being said its not been ridden hard and put away wet...California west coast nice weather climate
controlled environment for the 10 years I have had her.. Its in my warehouse now...I mostly use my 65 es335 now
but this Eclecta has alot goin on for itself it too is a very beautiful vintage es335 in its own right and is easily on par
with the much more expensive very similar guitar out of Japan at that same time the Ibanez as200's I have had quite a few of the as200's over the years... they sold in the $1800-2200 range this Electra kills and is under $1200
These are sleepers and this is one of the nice one's... I love the paf's and I have some real Gibson Paf's in a couple Les Pauls
I know great tone ... this electra KILLS
I'm surprised its still here but it takes just the right person with some of these vintage guitars
they are not for everyone so folks just rather get a new Epiphone with no scratches, me I'll
wait for the right person to come along that really wants this guitar and is ready to step up.

When you buy get one you think you will really like... ya know this one is unique with its bindings & guard and headstock
all .. its a real vintage beauty and it has a classic soulful tone..its been sitting a while in my warehouse..sometimes when sitting
for extended periods the pots may get scratchy or something like that usually a cleaning takes care of that stuff.. I check everything
our pre shipping too...I will set up & install new strings for the new owner / included

Best of luck finding the right one
Thanks for your interest